Wednesday, June 18, 2008

When things come to pass.

My lil Kristie pass on on the 16th of June 2008. The news came to me through an sms my mom had to send via SMS because I was working. As I walked out of the aircraft, I switched on my phone only to receive the SMS that my lil doggy has passed away. I didn't know how to react at first knowledge. I was too stunned by the fact that she's gone, felt so surreal, everything around me. I wanted to cry there and then, but I couldn't cause I was in my uniform, and had to maintain my decorum.

When I got home, the first thing I did was to go to her sleep area. Immediately tears were rolling down my cheeks. I stood there for god knows how long, just crying, the sudden impact of my doggy not smiling at me, not barking like she always does when she sees me felt my heart clench so tightly.

I've never had something or someone so close to me die before. I know I wasn't the best owner, but she sure was my bestfriend. I remember how I used to hug her and cry when I was feeling so shitty. She would just sit on my lap, as though comforting me in some way. Her fluffy face, just looking at you, just keeping silent because she knows you're hurting.

Cried my way to K's place. He thought I had been bullied or raped or robbed. The first thing he did was to hug me, and I just stood there and cried, it suddenly felt so pain, my heart. I really love the way K just silently hugged me, so comforting yet I felt the pain of losing I loved so dear come right through. Thanks dear.

I know its always part of a storyline, some lesson learnt depicted in TV and movies to treasure the people you love now rather then to regret not loving them when they're alive after they've passed on, but its like how you always hear and watch and these things don't set in unless you've personally experienced it. Not that I don't already love the people I love, but I guess I can put more effort into letting them know I love them. so that when the time comes for either of us to pass, we would have no regret but the regret that the time has come for us to be apart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home