Thursday, May 08, 2008

Well, its been a jolly long time since I entered a post. Now that I'm stuck in new york with no money and a exam I think I'd most probably flunk out, whats the worse that could happen with me taking a small break to blog right? Besides, I'm pretty sure I'd be stuck in here till call time.

Whats been happening...Lets see.. Went to barcelona with tricia for about 10days. Jessica's birthday celebration, followed by mine and some self-realisation.

Ok, first my barce trip. The place was fantastic! I would so definitely go back there again, to revisit the sites I didn't get a chance to go in, to see the other sights which I missed, to pick up the tapas from where I left off. We went to madrid also, which was also another great place. Overall, spain / catalunya really left an impression. The food, the general vibe of the country, so rich in culture, it feels like you're practically submerging yourself in the deep blue and being able to touch the great white. Exhilarating! Snapshots are below!

Ok following we had a farewell/birthday dinner for girly. She's in china now, well not really china china, it 45mins away from hongkong, but well, hongkong belongs to china so what the heck. Had her Surprise dinner at HOUSE at dempsy, pretty cool place. Ambience was fantastic I'd say, but unless your wallet's stuffed with a wade of cash, I think I can settle for fish and chips or a steak half that price somewhere else:)

Following, girly kinda tried to throw me this tiny surprise birthday party also, but too bad all our friends weren't in town. Well, but we still had a cook out at darrin's place, I made tapas, or so I think I tried at least, and she made salmon with mash. I think I can still remember her recipe, will try it the next time round. Yummy, had cake, blew candles and boom, I was a year older, and supposedly wiser.

HUR whoever said maturity and becoming wiser came with age was probably sleeping when he came up with that. I mean seriously, you have adults who still behave like children, you have teenagers who think everythings going to be all red and rosy. I'm not saying I'm not childish nor am I the most mature person, but I'd dare to say I BEG TO DIFFER! from the retardedness of the singaporeans.

Like Mr.K, I chose to compartmentalise my feelings, to put the notion and the ability to fall love in a box, seal it up and put it at the back of the store never to take it out again for the fear of using it would probably get my heart, mind and soul broken into 2 again. Seemingly, it felt like the best way to not hurt someone and myself. But with the past 4months with Mr. K, I felt like I was ready to open the tucked away box. I only allowed myself to reopen pandora's box was because I was sure I wanted this relationship, not only to work, but to last. I found myself falling in love with Mr.K, I found myself taking his opinions seriously, what he says and thinks about me or issues I mention affects me, makes me think about it again, to rationalise to make common sense of it, this would probably be why I'm falling in love. I like a guy who thinks, who challenges, who's not afraid to say what he thinks to get things right.

My friends would know, that if my heart's not in love with you, I can't give a hoot about what you think or say. Its scary, because I feel so vulnerable, but I do love Mr. K. So its only right to give everything, if in the end things don't work out. I have only myself and circumstances to blame. We make things happen, things don't happen on its own.

Anyhoo, gotta get back to my books. Cheerios peeps. oh yes photos. will post it another time, the internet here is kinda like its powered by hamsters working out in their wheel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home