Monday, January 28, 2008

Why am I like this?

Why is it that I know that my mom means well, but yet I always get agitated when she tells or asks me something. I think there's something that has been lingering with me since young. Maybe its the fact that my mom has been several times fiercely critical about me and the things I choose. Negative comments that I would never forget, that somehow the feeling of frustration found a way to stay. I don't hate my mom, I just feel like I'm always under their microscope, its like they're waiting for me to do something which they don't approve and go see, I already told you. It so irritating that she calls me over the phone and sounded like I just lost the car when in fact it was just that I forgot to put the cash card back. Like how can the cash card be stolen if the car hasn't been broken into? And then she follows with another call and tells me that the TP sent a letter regarding my speeding ticket, and she was all you haven't paid your fine yet? How come now send to you? I seriously don't know whats wrong. I always try to breath and focus on good energy when I talk to her, but sometimes I just can't.

I don't blame my childhood, I had a great one in fact. Maybe I haven't found a way to get pass the negativity and many times my mom could not understand what I was going through and blew her top at me. I hate feeling angry and frustrated.Sometimes I ask myself, is asking for privacy a sin? Is asking her to knock before she enters my room that great a deal? I remember the time I told her that I'd rather she not open my mail, she got all angry and defensive, and it made it feel like it was my fault. When I'm changing or brushing my teeth, she comes straight in to tell me something, and I get hell irritated cause I hate to feel like I've got no privacy and I've got a room but its not mine. I know my mom means no harm at all, and all she wants is the best for me. She's really nice to me now and all. But she could have done it when I was much younger and vulnerable. I need to find solace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home