Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Wet Wet Bondi

Met Miss Debbie Ong in Sydney after ages! She brought me to Bondi beach, which I assumed would be a FANTASTIC place minus the rain. Damn the weather. Anyway, she brought me to this book cafe, where the entire cafe was stocked with books, and you could order a panini, or a burrito, sit down with a cuppa tea and pick out a book from the floor or the shelves to just sit there and read. It was the kind of place you'd never find in Singapore, and I mean NEVER. Definitely doing back there. :)

I believe in karma, and to accumulate good karma for oneself is by doing good. However, sometimes I feel that it is such an arduous task. I mean dear lord, some people just don't deserve my kindness nor sympathy. I mean doing good has to come from the heart right, but given my line of work, I think I'm accumulating more bad karma than good. People might argue that be giving, to be kind, so overlook one's weakness or shortcoming, that would be the path to enlightenment, so greater karma, to a greater next life. Well, I can't. Sorry, I just can't overlook stupidity, selfishness, moronicism, retardedness and brainlessness. I just can't. I strongly believe in Darwin's theory of evolution.

Darwin's Theory of Evolution - Natural Selection
Natural selection acts to preserve and accumulate minor advantageous genetic mutations. Suppose a member of a species developed a functional advantage (it grew wings and learned to fly). Its offspring would inherit that advantage and pass it on to their offspring. The inferior (disadvantaged) members of the same species would gradually die out, leaving only the superior (advantaged) members of the species. Natural selection is the preservation of a functional advantage that enables a species to compete better in the wild.

Its a simple theory. If you don't get it, don't bother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home